Before submitting a paper to IJBNPA, we invite authors to check out their options for waivers and discounts in one of the following ways:
1. Visit the membership page to see if the publication fee is fully or partially covered by an institutional membership.
2. If you are a member of the International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (ISBNPA) you are eligible for a 50%-off discount. To obtain the 50% reduction, members should agree to the article processing charge upon submission. Then upon editorial acceptance of your manuscript, you will be asked to confirm your institutional affiliation. After this step is a separate screen related to journal partnerships where you can check a box indicating that you believe you are covered by a society sponsorship. At that point, if eligible, we will approve your APC discount.
Interested in becoming a member? Please visit the ISBNPA website at: ISBNPA – Advancing Behavior Change Science.
3. Visit the Open access agreement page to see if you are covered by any compact deals.
4. Visit the Open access funding and policy page to get advice on finding and applying for open-access funding.
5. Request for regional waivers if you are based in low- or middle-income countries. Such requests should be made via the Editorial Manager system during the submission process by selecting “I believe I am eligible for a waiver or discount of the article-processing charge”.
6. Contact the Publishing editor Elliot Cox (email@example.com) for discretionary waiver requests.
IJBNPA has a limited number of waivers available to support authors every calendar year. Requests will be evaluated case-by-case and granted on a first-come-first-serve basis.